[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 3 01:01:34 UTC 2007

Slim Virgin wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Slim Virgin wrote:
>>> Your plea that we need to avoid
>>> drama would be more convincing if you yourself would stop creating it,
>>> and if you hadn't simultaneously gone and restored the Daniel Brandt
>>> talk page, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Daniel_Brandt&action=history
>>> which had previously been deleted for good reason by two admins.
>> Take a look at the history and/or undeletion log. I didn't restore the
>> talk page's history in any way, I just put a list of the deletion
>> debates there. It's the only revision.
>
> That exact revision was deleted on June 29 by Chaser, which you know
> very well, because you copied the deleted revision word for word.

Yes, I grabbed it from the most recent deleted revision. The whole point
of doing it was so that I wouldn't have to go manually searching up the
previous debates. But what's the "good reason" that it was deleted, and
who was the other admin?

Not that any of this is really relevant here, as I said before it was a
tangential matter I just happened to be reminded of. I don't understand
why you're bringing it up.

>> Can you point out any way that this caused drama, or was intended to
>> cause drama? I do have a life and Wikipedia activities outside of this
>> thread, you know.
>
> Then go live it, please, and stop trying to damage other people's.

Please explain how adding a list of links to previous deletion debates
to the article's talk page is an attempt to damage someone's life? I
honestly don't see it.