[WikiEN-l] Conflict of Interest and lobbyists for foreign governments

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:22:25 UTC 2007

Removing administrator status from POV-pushers could be a start.

"rabid editing" as I correctly characterized Jayjg's edits ("extreme or
fanatical support of or belief in something), especially to Israeli and
Jewish subjects, is not directly analogous to bad faith POV-pushing. I'm
sure Jayjg thinks he is improving Wikipedia, for Wikipedia's sake and not
someone else's, when he charges about like an angry mastodon. My comment
concerning his reckless editing does not mean I think he is a cabalistic
POV-pusher. As perhaps was natural, Jayjg didn't get that in my previous
comment I really meant all of my statement, and the positive half he missed
was that I said he isn't some secret Israeli wiki-agent. He's just a
fanatical editor. And frankly, though I disapprove of much of his behavior,
I haven't personally seen evidence to suggest that his content disputes mean
he should be stripped of sysop powers. Admins aren't summarily forbidden
from mixing it up as content contributors, just from abusing admin powers to
get their way.