[WikiEN-l] The encyclopedia

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:50:14 UTC 2007

On 02/08/07, Erica <fangaili at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/2/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/2/07, Kamryn Matika <kamrynmatika at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Remember it?
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org
> > >
> > > 1,927,797articles at the time of writing. 1,529 featured articles.
> That
> > > leaves 1,926,268 articles that you could be working on improving.
> > >

> > Ah no about 150 articles are currently hard protected. Includeing
> > [[Rorschach inkblot test]].
> >

> > > Does it really matter if [administrator of your choice] is a [secret
> > > agent/evil overlord/janitor/popular TV talk show host]?
> >
> > Potentialy. Popular TV talk show host could have COI issues.
> >
> > > Even if s/he is,
> > > there's not much you can do about it.
> >
> > Not true.
> >
> > --
> > geni
>

> So geni, do you just argue for the hell of it? Seriously, what are you
> trying to accomplish with the above responses? You might want to try
> being more constructive, or just keep your mouth shut.
>
> Erica

I kinda see the point - isn't the list about improving Wikipedia? the whole
lions of zions thing should have  been salted a week ago. Wikipedia as some
people forget has history lists its just petty to continue arguing over and
over. Any person on this list can probably see POV and it is easily dealt
with.

mike