[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Joshua Brady somitho at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:06:18 UTC 2007

Guys/Gals/Others,

This has turned into a free-for-all attack fest on SlimVirgin's
handling of things, and Jayjg's just being on the project. Let's try
to remember not to launch into personal attacks and remain calm, if
you seem like you are going to explode and can't take it anymore;
please back away from the computer, and do not post in the heat of
things.

We have all established:
- SlimVirgin's handling could have been better/worse/should be
oversighted/should not have been oversighted/we need to hire ninjas to
settle this/her MI6 handler is ready to wage a nuclear war James Bond
style.
- Jayjg's time here has come to a close and he should give it up or go
into hiding. Let's all remember we can not by consensus or forcing it
down someones throat, make them leave the project. If and only if
Jayjg himself decides to leave, he will leave. Removal of bits or
asking him to give them up, only gets old. If you want to involuntarly
take tools away from someone, first get a consensus to even make that
possible, then put the specific user up for removal of tools. English
wikipedia does not have a method of doing this currently.
-Other people saying 'we' really mean to say 'I'.
- That online harassment can evolve into a real life danger, something
one person has already confirmed, and something I can attest to as
well.
- Trying to run between terminals at tokyo, with only 30 minutes to do
so, will undoubtly result in a missed flight and forced delay as you
are put on another flight.

Can we try to move on and stop harping on this, and discuss a real
solution for a change? What do we want to do/what are we going to do
about this? What can/will we do to stop this in the future?

-Josh