[WikiEN-l] BLP conundrum

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Apr 26 02:38:22 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> On 4/25/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:
>> Best-case scenario is yes, merge.  Obviously, a "criticism of GWB" article
>> that may exist is going to have difficulty being merged when the main
>> article is already 70kb long, but there's no reason not to take this on a
>> case by case basis, assuming good sourcing.
>
> Why is "criticisms of Uri Geller" (or whoever) a valid encyclopedic
> subject?  Would we accept an article called "instances of undiluted
> praise of Uri Geller"?

I don't know, would we?  Criticism of cranks is a very valid topic and
very accepted situation in society.

> We're supposed to adopt the neutral point of view, so it would be
> "evaluations of X".

It's not difficult to be neutral about a subject, even if that subject
is inherently negative.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman