[WikiEN-l] BLP conundrum

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed Apr 25 20:42:15 UTC 2007

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

> Still, do we want to open the door to these kinds of articles? Criticisms
> of
> Sylvia Browne could lead to Criticisms of Uri Geller to Criticisms of
> George
> Bush to Criticisms of Tom Cruise to Criticisms of [pick your favorite].
> The
> very  hypothesis of the article is POV. Surely, this is not what we are
> here
> for.

If the articles are already long, then these seem completely valid - after
all, there's no undue weight situation if we've got significant coverage
in other areas, right?  I hope that BLP wasn't designed to remove valid
sub-articles like this.

> I'd really like some input. Ideally, it should be merged, but the
> precedent
> this poses should also be mentioned.

Best-case scenario is yes, merge.  Obviously, a "criticism of GWB" article
that may exist is going to have difficulty being merged when the main
article is already 70kb long, but there's no reason not to take this on a
case by case basis, assuming good sourcing.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.