[WikiEN-l] BLP conundrum

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 20:37:46 UTC 2007

I recently came across the following article:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Sylvia_Browne_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Sylvia_Browne) .  To get you up to speed, Sylvia Browne is a self-professed psychic.
Invevitably,  James Randi is not impressed. Neither is Danny.

On the other hand, does this merit an article. She is an LP, so this is
essentially a "Criticisms of a BLP" article. On the other hand, it is quite
well-sourced, at least from a perfunctory glance at it.

Still, do we want to open the door to these kinds of articles? Criticisms  of
Sylvia Browne could lead to Criticisms of Uri Geller to Criticisms of George
Bush to Criticisms of Tom Cruise to Criticisms of [pick your favorite]. The
very  hypothesis of the article is POV. Surely, this is not what we are here
for.

I'd really like some input. Ideally, it should be merged, but the precedent
this poses should also be mentioned.

Danny