[WikiEN-l] You Really Don't Get It

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 11:20:11 UTC 2007

on 4/24/07 11:13 PM, Stan Shebs at stanshebs at earthlink.net wrote:

> Actually, I don't recall hearing or suggesting the admin buddy idea
> before. It has the advantages of being easy to organize, easy to
> maintain, fits into existing work habits, and encourages the development
> of more long-term relationships. Many admins already tag-team on
> stressful issues, it just tends to be ephemeral, and so an admin gets
> sufficient support one month and then the next month is unnoticed until
> the spectacular flameout.
>
> Stan

Stan,

I don't have a problem with the idea of "admin buddies"; although in some
cases it may be the blind leading the blind, or the deaf leading the blind
(each having their own set of challenges). But I see only subtle differences
between this and the "mentoring" process proposed before.

But the real point of my post is: when and how does a proposal - become
practice - become policy?

Marc