[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Cascadia cascadia at privatenoc.com
Fri Apr 20 01:25:49 UTC 2007

"Tony Sidaway" <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote
in message
news:bf0d8ee70704191733x4afcdbc4y4d8235e04d2d6e6b at mail.gmail.com...
> There has been no substantive disruption as yet, but there has been a
> series of rather inflammatory statements.  One brave soul with the
> username of "Throwaway account 111" described Jimbo's action as "an
> affront to the community."  Disposibleusername said the same action
> felt like "a slap in the face".  A third user (or it could be the
> third instance of the same person) called "Iamnotmyself" made all
> kinds of predictions of any serious attempt to oppose the unblock,
> stating "Take a stand if you want, but it won't change anything; it's
> Jimbo's way or the highway."   A fellow called "Onlyjustthisonetime"
> called Jimbo's action "an affront to every member of this community"
>
> Amid all the fuss and the trolling, however, some valid points were
> made, and I wouldn't want to give the impression that it was all just
> rabble-rousing.

Tony, again... you keep calling discussion, although a bit heated,
"trolling".
//
> The point I was making was that written policy is not Wikipedia policy.

That's an intersting statement. Considering one of the first things at
WP:SOCK is:

"This page documents an official policy on the English Wikipedia. It has
wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users
should follow. When editing this page, please ensure that your revision
reflects consensus. When in doubt, discuss first on the talk page."

I appologize if I sound obtuse or overly confused... but when does "official
Policy on the English Wikipedia" not be Wikipedia policy??

-Cascadia