[WikiEN-l] Britannica quote of the day

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Mon Mar 27 00:54:30 UTC 2006

On Mar 26, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:

> Look we've been sown this path many times before, and it's never
> gotten us anywhere, infact, all it's done is make people fight and
> occasionally force good contributors out because of the hostile mood
> of the discussion (Wikipedians for decency/encyclopedic merit and
> WP:TOBY for instance). The fact is, far too many wikipedians think
> that this kind of censorship is wrong, so you'll NEVER get consensus
> on it. This is a discussion that should be killed before it has any
> chance to do more harm.

This has nothing to do with censoring Wikipedia. This is about
tagging content so schools (for instance) and filtering software used
by schools can discriminate between Wikipedia articles. Or would you
rather Wikipedia be inaccessible in schools and libraries?

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch