[WikiEN-l] Notability and juggling

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:57:31 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Ilmari Karonen <nospam at vyznev.net> wrote:

> I didn't mean the claim that it was possible: the video should document
> that pretty well.  I meant the claim that he invented it, and that the
> name he coined for it is accepted.  Those would need verification, or,
> in its absence, should at most be documented as claims of one person only.
>
> In this particular case I wouldn't put the bar very high, but we're to
> take his claims at face value, we at least ought to be able to point to
> another source and say "Well, at least this other guy agrees with him."

I think the substantive point to document here is that such a move
does exist in the world of juggling.  Whether we call the article by a
certain name or credit one particular guy with inventing it is
something to be dealt with by normal editing, but we don't want to be
in a position where we say "we've seen strong evidence of this
juggling move but we can't document it because the name by which the
source knows it may be ideosyncratic.  Let's get all human knowledge
*into* the encyclopedia, and once it's there we can argue about what
name to call things.