[WikiEN-l] Notability and juggling

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:10:25 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Ilmari Karonen <nospam at vyznev.net> wrote:
> I didn't mean the claim that it was possible: the video should document
> that pretty well.  I meant the claim that he invented it, and that the
> name he coined for it is accepted.  Those would need verification, or,
> in its absence, should at most be documented as claims of one person only.
>
> In this particular case I wouldn't put the bar very high, but we're to
> take his claims at face value, we at least ought to be able to point to
> another source and say "Well, at least this other guy agrees with him."

Ah, interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I actually hadn't thought
of questioning the claim - in this particular case, the guy (a very
creative, young juggler from the US) created a named series of tricks
for each letter of the alphabet, Hermine being the 8th.

But there are probably hundreds of better known tricks that I would
focus on first.

Steve