[WikiEN-l] User page issue

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 20 11:36:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:20:17 +0100, you wrote:

>Our article on Fenian says: "Fenian is a term used since the 1860s for
>an Irish nationalist who espouses or is perceived to espouse violence
>against British rule, usually by people opposed to their aims."

Yup.  That sets the tone, the balance is uncomfortable, not grossly
excessive.  The userboxes are also combative.  I have no problem with
identifying what your strong opinions are up front, but developing
your arguments is not really what WP is for.  But like I say, I am not
neutral with respect to this (although I am not a fan of British rule
in NI either).

I only asked, though, because others have come to my Talk page
expressing concern.  It would be nice if someone could ask him to tone
it down a bit, since it seems calculated to offend some.  I am not
offended, just not comfortable with it.
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk