[WikiEN-l] FYI: A program for evaluating WP articles

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 08:20:55 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, Ray King <raymondking at gmail.com> wrote:
> On gaming: No matter what we do, the system will be gameable, but if the
> rewards for doing so aren't too high (which in this case I don't think they
> are) and we monitor the system, we can likely stay ahead of the gamers.  In
> the end, giving people the ability to quickly and easily see what other
> contributions an author has made gives the reader the chance to decide how
> credible the author is.

What are the rewards? Equivocating vandalism? Ie: That's probably not
vandalism, he has a rating of 80%! Possibly facilitating the road to
adminship?  Just brainstorming here.

Gaming could take the form of adding a paragraph of text to several
different articles on a similar theme, rewording paragraphs
meaninglessly, expanding what had been a concise definition to
something fluffier.

Well, it doesn't sound too bad, I have to say. Bring it on.

Steve