[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Wikipedia: Admins abusing their authority

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Mon Mar 20 00:25:33 UTC 2006

Gay Muslim wrote:
> I have been systematically harassed by these three admins and their cronies.
> They attacked me and another user named I_AM, accused us of being
> sockpuppets of each other falsely.

For the benefit of those of us not fully informed of this, do you have
links to Wikipedia diffs where these accusations occurred?

> They then banned I_AM permanently, blocked me, and proceeded shortly
> thereafter to ban me on the false claim that I am some other user, despite
> the fact that I_AM and I are not each other and a checkuser proved this.

Could you provide links to the block logs for the block they placed on
I_AM and yourself?

> On IRC, DavidGerard was extremely rude and belligerent, and demanded money
> from me, saying that unless I did so he would not publish the checkuser
> result.

Do you have independently-verifiable logs backing up this claim?

> They have since followed me around, deleting all of my appeals and responses
> to their lies. They have locked my user page so that I cannot even request
> unblock via normal appeal means.

Could you provide diffs for where you added your appeals, and where they
deleted them?

Chris

--
Chris Jenkinson
chris at starglade.org

"Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."
  -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra