[WikiEN-l] Blocked for a week for some harmless fun on a wikiproject page and a your mom joke

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 09:00:39 UTC 2006

On 3/19/06, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:WikiProject_California_State_Highways&diff=next&oldid=44465253
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:SPUI&diff=prev&oldid=44465982
> The first two are a bit of harmless fun on a project page. The third is
> a simple inoffensive your mom joke as a response to an overreaction to
> the first. I put {{unblock}} on my talk page, and he nowiki-ed it and
> protected my talk page to prevent me from putting it back. Something
> seems off here.

Ok, so you make a joke contribution. Someone, sensibly, reverts it.
Then you re-add it? With the word "fuck" in the edit summary? Why?
What were you thinking?

People even went out of their way to use the correct humour templates
to indicate that your jokes weren't funny and were getting on their
nerves. Your reaction? "Your mom's getting old." and "Hahahaha".

Seriously, why be annoying? And if people object to your being
annoying, why complain about it? Your user page is a pretty clear
demonstration that you *want* to be annoying and offensive. What else
do you expect to come from that?

Steve