[WikiEN-l] From admin noticeboard

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sat Mar 18 21:39:26 UTC 2006

==Libel against Wikipedia and Jimbo==

Hi, an article defaming Wikipedia is spreading across the internet.
[http://thailandesl.chazzsongs.net/internet.wiki.htm You can read it
at the bottom of this link.] The article's author, [[Judi McLeod]]
implies that Wikipedia is connected to and takes its orders from
[[Kofi Annan]]. She also claims that Wikipedia removed information
from the [[Kofi Annan]] page at Kofi Annan's request. According to
her, the article had claimed Annan's father was a freemason.

Wiki contributors went through all 542 revisions of the [[Kofi Annan]]
article and found no mention of freemasonry whatsoever. There is an
ongoing discussion about this at [[talk:Kofi Annan]]

Senior sys-op and Wiki news reporter [[user:Zanimum|Zanimum]] wrote
her two letters asking for proof but she refuses to respond. She also
refuses to correct the errors or withdraw the [[Canada Free Press]]
article.

Can anybody advise us on the next step to take? Ignoring them isn't an
option since they have written several error-ridden articles about
Wikipedia. No doubt there will be more.

This is very frustrating and upsetting. We have gone out of our way to
address her concerns but she gives us no credit. Both
[[user:Homeontherange|Homeontherange]] and I have made sure that
unproven assertions and inflammatory statements are quickly taken out
of the article whenever they appear. I myself made it a priority
recently to include positive details such as the journalism award
McLeod won in 1983. And yet she calls us "wicked pedia".
--[[User:Cyberboomer|Cyberboomer]] 21:34, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG