[WikiEN-l] Don't remove a WP:OFFICE tag put there by Danny

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Mar 12 00:17:37 UTC 2006

G'day Jimmy,

<many snips />
> Mostly, when people call us on the phone with a beef, quiet upset, they
> are not complaining about a neutral presentation of the facts.  They are
> upset because someone has written a one-sided hack job.   Often it is
> *not* libel, but just bad writing.

Indeed.  It's very easy to *say* "we're just in beta, some articles will
be crap", but when someone is being defamed *right now* I'm sure they
wouldn't find it at all easy to stand by for ~ five years and let the
Wiki Way do its magic ...

Heck, just ask those editors who've edited articles about themselves,
like Chip Berlet, Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters, or ... well ... Jimbo Wales.
  It's absurd to stand back and say "sure, the article was offensive,
but what about community consensus?!"

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"