[WikiEN-l] Incoming!!!

Mathias Schindler neubau at presroi.de
Tue Mar 7 14:15:28 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
>     http://rohitbhargava.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/using_wikipedia.html
>
> If it's not there already, could someone please post this link to
> [[WT:CSD]]? Our beloved speedy patrollers really need to know about
> this one and shoot as needed. (Speedy cleanup can follow behind
> reviving anything that actually warrants an article.)

See http://www.micropersuasion.com/2006/03/marketing_and_w.html for
details. I consider the word "marketing" misleading. There is no reason
why companies shouldn't update information about themselves in wikipedia
if they have a source and if they follow the NPOV and other wikipedia
policies.

[[de:Siemens AG]]'s financial figures for 2005 were updated from IPs
from within Siemens. This is fine and not "marketing".

"Incoming!!!" again is misleading. This is not a war and there are no
incoming missiles.

Mathias,
who just had a 20 minutes phone call with the marketing department of a
logistics company trying to explain to them why they did not behave nice
and how they can fix their behavior problems in Wikipedia.