[WikiEN-l] Incoming!!!

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:09:40 UTC 2006

Hi,
  What exactly needs to be shot here?  I see this:

* Give up control, people will take your original content and change
it completely.
* It is ok to put in "corporate" content, as long as it is relevant to
the community.
* Let it live and breath, only step in to correct inaccurate information
* Make sure your own content is not getting pushed out of search
results by this new content

Seems ok to me - the fourth point is a bit of a crack up though. (I
think it's saying, when you write the wikipedia article on
BobJones.com, make sure that bobjones.com itself doesn't get pushed
out of the top 10 by Wikipedia and its mirrors). We've had a million
and one POV's come and go, each advocate getting their POV in more
subtly than the last.

Ultimately, either the topic that they add is notable, or it isn't. In
the latter case, they'll get killed. In the former, content is good -
regardless of by whom, or why it was written.

No?

Steve