[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Mar 2 19:01:23 UTC 2006

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>On 3/2/06, Fastfission <fastfission at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The TBSDY e-mail has been posted at the RFC with Jimbo's permission,
>>so I don't think it's wrong to repost it here.
>>

>The email conversation contained numerous emails.  You have not seen
>them all.  Stop making gratuitously false accusations.

 From a practical point of view, email I haven't seen does not help me
develop or enforce policy. If the existing policy has been changed on
the basis of this email conversation, then I think it's reasonable to
expect someone in the know to update the appropriate policy pages. Is
the new policy to delete all non-free-licensed images? I'm not keen on
it, but as an admin I'll do my duty and help enforce it.

I think what troubles people is that there are all these hints of a
major policy change that seems to have been decided upon, and yet nobody
has changed any of the relevant policy pages. Has policy been changed,
or not?

Stan