[WikiEN-l] The admin problem

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Thu Mar 2 18:32:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 17:36 +0000, Jon wrote:
> Stop wikilawyering.
>
>   It was clear that these images were going to go. That's the important thing.
>
>   Ok, TBSDY cut to the chase - but he got the job done. "Process" is not some god to be bowed down to. Now, ok, if TBSDY deleted images wholesale where there was a realistic possibility that after going through a fuller process they would have stayed, then there would be some point in asking him not to do the same thing in the future  - and even then you shouldn't rake him over the coals for actions clearly conducted in good faith. However, in this case, noting this email, there is no doubt - the images were doomed and the only action worth doing in response is thanking TBSDY for carry out the administrative chore.

We need a policy because there is far too much of this "fair use"
rubbish for one person to delete - tens of thousands of images need to
go so we can get back on track making a free encyclopaedia. At least
this action suggests that Jimbo has finally decided to move to the next
stage.

Anyone fancy deleting all the Pokemon images next?

Justinc