[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 16:39:40 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I uploaded the picture of Treanna on the english wikipedia. It was the
> picture he had on his user page. A bad image, but the only one we had
> for him. Certainly an image which will never be reused by anyone. But an
> image of Treanna.
>
> The crime : it was uploaded as a non-derivative license. So, it is
> proposed for deletion.
>
> And frankly, I can not ask Treanna any more if he would be nice enough
> to change that license to make it free by wikipedia definition.

Is it not, theoretically speaking, possible for someone just to assert
ownership of it, and upload it under public domain? They can take full
responsibility for any (highly unlikely) challenge to their ownership
of it coming from the family or estate or whatever?

(but in any case, yes, this is a sad situation)

Steve