[WikiEN-l] Dead wikipedians and how to really make a project boring to death

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 16:20:53 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anthere#Image:Norbert3.jpg_listed_for_deletion

Norbert was a much appreciated wikipedian on the french wikipedia. He
contributed a lot.
Wikipedia is not produced by machines. But by living beings. We should
value people and we should value good contributors.

Norbert died some time ago. It was the first wikipedian we lost on the
french project. At that point, he was the editor with the largest number
of edits. And it was not only typos. He left us a last word just before
he had an operation and did not survive it.

We sent flowers to his burial. We told his family how important he was
for us and they were proud of what he did for Wikipedia.
A text was written about him. And for some reasons, it was translated on
the english signpost
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2005-10-10/News_and_notes.

I uploaded the picture of Treanna on the english wikipedia. It was the
picture he had on his user page. A bad image, but the only one we had
for him. Certainly an image which will never be reused by anyone. But an
image of Treanna.

The crime : it was uploaded as a non-derivative license. So, it is
proposed for deletion.

And frankly, I can not ask Treanna any more if he would be nice enough
to change that license to make it free by wikipedia definition.

--------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deceased_Wikipedians

This page is also part of our history. People matter. Please do not
delete editors pictures because they uploaded an image of them under a
non-derivative licence. please try to find the balance between dogma and
wikilove.

Anthere