[WikiEN-l] POV fork anyone? (coca cola)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:34:32 UTC 2006

On 7/23/06, ScottL <scott at mu.org> wrote:
>   The first bit I think makes for bad articles but is the only solution
> that can reach consensus on some topics.  But, the second is pretty
> horribly POV and usually happens when their is an obvious majority on
> one side but a sizable and tenacious group on the other.
>
>   Now my question, I know that splinting an article and not linking
> them is bad.  But, I also don't like the case where a whole section of
> an article consists only of an instance of the {{mainarticle}} template
> or whatever its called.  Is that also frowned on (I guess I can just be
> bold and do the frowning on it myself, but I was wondering if ht had
> been discussed).

{{main}} is best used with a summary, like this:

==Legal action==
{{main|Legal cases against Coca Cola}}
Over the decades, more than 100 lawsuits have been launched against
Coca Cola. The most high profile have been X, Y and Z, the latter of
which led to the...As of 2006, case A is still outstanding.

etc.

Steve