[WikiEN-l] Things about admins

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:09:27 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> You openly admit that you regularly get into situations involving
> several users saying the same thing about you, without ever considering
> the possibility that this bunch of people who all came to the same
> conclusion about you might actually have a point?

Most of what they say is "you are a fascist because you won't let my
creationist/neo-Nazi/racist/conspiracy theory/anti-Semitic/etc. FACTS
into Wikipedia!"

The reason they say the same thing is because they come up against the
rule: NPOV.

I get along just fine with reasonable users and people with reasonable
complaints or objections. People who are generally nutty or have a
hard-line agenda to push generally run into problems with me and with
others.

So yeah. I enforce the rules at Wikipedia, and the rules at Wikipedia
say that a lot of content that dedicated and nutty users want to add
can't be added. In such cases, I am often GLAD to be the target of
their common complaints -- to be told that you do a good job in
keeping out nonsense is no insult at all.

FF