[WikiEN-l] Things about admins

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Mon Jul 17 21:44:35 UTC 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Timwi wrote:
> Fastfission wrote:
>>
>> I can be annoyed by five users at the same time, all of whom think
>> that I have somehow devoted my time to suppressing their particular
>> version of the truth!
>
> You openly admit that you regularly get into situations involving
> several users saying the same thing about you, without ever considering
> the possibility that this bunch of people who all came to the same
> conclusion about you might actually have a point?
*The* *"thing"* *Is* *Not* *The* *Same*.  You seem to be consistently
misunderstanding this.  Let me try (again) to explain it.

User X makes some edit.  User A objects to it. User X disputes user A's
objection.  User Y make another, unrelated edit (to a different page).
User A also objects to that edit (for a different reason). User Y
disputes user A's objection.

It is true that both user X and user Y have said  "user A's objection
is wrong" - However, they said it *about different objections* !

You claim, in this situation, that both two users have said "the same
thing about" user A, and therefore user A should be concerned that
"several users [are] saying the same thing about" em.  Wrong.  Only
*one* user has objected to each action.

I look forward to your reply.

Jesse Weinstein