[WikiEN-l] Borderline notable bios (yes, again)

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 23:53:02 UTC 2006

I cannot see that the Japanese rule is different to ours in type, it
is different in degree. I would disagree with the rule simply because
we have the ability to store far more information on far more people
of notability (Wikipedia is not paper). Yes, the occasional person of
lesser notability will be vandalised, but this would occur wherever
you draw the line.

"Notability" has been too heavily relied upon thus far, it is entirely
unquantifiable and shouldn't be used as a measure of worthiness for
inclusion. I say we adopt a far more liberal approach and delete only
those articles which are clear vanity/defamation.

Of course, I don't provide a solution for protection of these lesser
known articles against vandalism. Perhaps VandalBot should be provided
with a watchlist of vulnerable words which tend to be used in both pro
and contra vandalism, but that's for somewhere else.

Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)