[WikiEN-l] Borderline notable bios (yes, again)

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 13 17:58:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:09:39 -0400, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org>
wrote:

>> But in the end, no.  I don't think we should have an article on
>> somebody who is in the end "famous" solely because, well, a group of
>> sophomoric fucktards got their rocks off laughing at his appearance.

>And in the end, I don't think we should *not* have an article on
>somebody simply because they have a serious disability which makes
>some people laugh at them.  Equal rights, and everything, I say.

How many articles do we have on people known only for their
deformities?  The only one I can think of is Joseph Merrick.

>I also think your description of gross sexual imposition as a "minor
>technical offence" is terribly inaccurate.  Maybe Peppers wasn't
>actually guilty of this offense (in which case the story is that much
>more important, by the way), but if Peppers was guilty of the offense
>I don't think it is minor.

Ahem - that's *attempted* gross sexual imposition (which specifically
excludes actual sexual contact).  The man is by all accounts disabled
and his address is a nursing home.

>Regardless of why Peppers is famous a lot of people want to know more
>about him, and in my opinion it is the job of Wikipedia to inform them
>about him, if for no other reason than to dispell the rumors spread by
>"sophomoric fucktards".

Unfortunately the sophomoric fucktards don't want anyone to realise
they are sophomoric fucktards, and they prevent that fact from
creeping into the article.

How many articles do we have on people for whose entire life there is
precisely one primary (court) and one secondary source (Snopes)?  And
for whom the major source is actually as unreliable as it gets
(YTMND)?

Leave the guy alone.

Guy (JzG)
--