[WikiEN-l] POV nomenclature

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Jul 13 17:27:23 UTC 2006

stevertigo wrote:

>Current issues, include the inclusion of the term "Operation Just Desserts" in the
>[[2006 Israeli-attacks on Lebanon]] article in the lede. Likewise the article
>[[Operation Summer Rains]] also a military, hence POV nomenclature and hence needs
>renaming, though I cannot myself determine what to call it.
>Is it an "incursion" (ie. "a limited incursion into the country of Congress") or an
>"invasion", a "retaliation" or a "retribution" etc.

If it's an official name, then that's what it's called. What's next,
renaming articles on companies and products because their names were
chosen to have positive associations? We could have such winners as
"[[computer company named after irrelevant fruit]] is the maker of
the [[Apple variety chosen because the name has a snappy abbreviation]]."

Stan