[WikiEN-l] Re: Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:19:09 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Kat Walsh" <mindspillage at gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:8e253f560601201327gbd28a80v3b8d847e9c0c0f3e at mail.gmail.com...
> [snip]
> > I also like the idea of "speedy keep" being more widely used; if
> > someone comes up with a really strong justification for why something
> > should not be deleted, particularly if it completely rebuts the
> > nominator's reason for nominating it, why waste time arguing about it?
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Isn't this what SnowSpinner's {{user recovery}} template was esentially all
> about?

You may be thinking of some other template.  The one you have named is
placed on userpages by admins who are willing to brave the wrath of
WP:DRV by actually undeleting and userfying (non-copyright infringing,
non-defamatory) stuff for people who want to use it.  It's based on a
notice David Gerard put on his talk page a while back.

[...]
> I'd think anyone who nominations were getting pulled that often should be
> considered for a WP:POINT time-out...

I suggest the we just point at them and laugh.