[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Admin meeting

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:24:07 UTC 2006

"Angela" <beesley at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:8b722b800601221417v72bb1252i93dda612bafd4832 at mail.gmail.com...
> Danny wrote:
> > Suggested time, anyone?
> I suggest 10pm UTC. This is 9am in Melbourne, 11pm in Europe, 5pm US
> east coast, 2pm US west coast. It's not ideal for Asia, but it's
> always going to be 3am for someone. Perhaps we could rotate the
> meeting time so the next one was more suitable for different people.

I currently don't have internet access at weekends: Monday - Friday,
0730-1800 BST

So what about people like me?

> Geni wrote:
> > Well since I can't get on IRC let me just say that the idea of an
> > admin only mailing list has serious problems in terms of openess and
> > createing cliques.
> Why can't you get on IRC? Would it help if I added the en.admins
> channel to the IRC web gateway at <http://irc.wikicities.com/wp/>?
> Currently it is just used for the Arabic and Croatian channels.

That looks like a handy tool. Could it be used for *all* of the Wikipedia
channels?

I can't get to IRC because it's blocked by our firewall, so an HTTP solution
would be great.
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]