[WikiEN-l] Re: Admin meeting

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 22:17:30 UTC 2006

Danny wrote:
> Suggested time, anyone?

I suggest 10pm UTC. This is 9am in Melbourne, 11pm in Europe, 5pm US
east coast, 2pm US west coast. It's not ideal for Asia, but it's
always going to be 3am for someone. Perhaps we could rotate the
meeting time so the next one was more suitable for different people.

Geni wrote:
> Well since I can't get on IRC let me just say that the idea of an
> admin only mailing list has serious problems in terms of openess and
> createing cliques.

Why can't you get on IRC? Would it help if I added the en.admins
channel to the IRC web gateway at <http://irc.wikicities.com/wp/>?
Currently it is just used for the Arabic and Croatian channels.

Kelly Martin wrote:
> Obviously what is really required is an embassy between wikien and the
> Foundation.

This sounds like the Wikicouncil idea, but that received little support:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikicouncil

Angela