[WikiEN-l] Pointless deletions

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:34:16 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, John Lee <johnleemk at gawab.com> wrote:
> If the original articles provide no basis for which to judge their
> topic(s) as worthy for inclusion in an encyclopedia, why bother
> rewriting them?

There was nothing much wrong with the original articles, both of which
correctly identified their subject making further research and cleanup
a simple matter.   The SuperOffice article , when deleted, could have
left nobody in any doubt about the size and scope of this
multinational public listed company.  The reason given for deletion
was "Less than 500 google hits", which seems to me to be rather
missing the point.