[WikiEN-l] Pointless deletions

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Jan 18 12:12:40 UTC 2006

On 18 Jan 2006, at 10:06, Tony Sidaway wrote:

> Two recent deletion listings.
>
> Tally, an article about an accounting software company that's been
> going for twenty years and has a number of major companies among its
> clients in its native India, including the Reserve Bank of India and
> the Indian IT giant, Infosys.  And SuperOffice, about a public listed
> company (ticker code SUO on the Oslo Bors) with a turnover of some
> Euro 30m.
>
> Easy keeps?  No, deleted on AfD.

rewrite WP:CORP then.

They were valid deletions based on this - unexpectedly, being a listed
company is not sufficient for a WP article, they have to be used to
calculate an index (eg FTSE 250).

Any listed company is probably notable - certainly verifiable info
is available, as they have to file accounts.

I dont see why WP:CORP is written the way it is, I dont see why
stock market indexes are that important, as companies move in and
out of them all the time.

Justinc