[WikiEN-l] Re: How to bring back people who don't want to bother?

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Thu Jan 12 00:17:43 UTC 2006

Chris Jenkinson wrote:

> Sam Korn wrote:
>
>> No, we should encourage forks in a different way.  We should encourage
>> the creation of forks with the specific intention of having the
>> content merged into Wikipedia when it is of better quality and
>> therefore less likely to be deleted.
>

> Why are we deleting bad quality articles anyway? AFAIK there is no
> due-by date for Wikipedia and it doesn't matter how long it takes to
> get a good article.
>
> Chris

Good question. I usually support deletion of bad quality articles when I
feel the topic is borderline or just plain unworthy for inclusion in
Wikipedia. (So while I might abstain or even keep a well-written school
article, I'd rather delete an article on the same school that was just
junk.) I don't think terrible content alone is a good reason to delete,
unless nothing at all can be salvaged from that content. But in cases
where the topic of the article is borderline, content might be the
tipping point on whether to keep or delete (for me).

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])