[WikiEN-l] Main Page Featured Article

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Tue Dec 19 16:40:19 UTC 2006

Sam Korn wrote:

> Perhaps a solution would be a sort of reverse whatlinkshere, showing
> all the pages that are transcluded by a page so that they can all be
> protected.  Time-limited protection would also be useful here, but I
> doubt this mitigates the disadvantages in other areas.

There is one already: just click the "edit" tab and look beneath the
edit box.  I've been wondering, as I've been reading this thread, why
people don't just go through the list and protect all the templates
listed there.  After all, that seems like the easiest solution by far.

(Then again, the solution of using Special:ExpandTemplates to create a
templateless protected copy on a subpage, and linking to that instead of
directly to the original article, has its merits too.)

--
Ilmari Karonen