[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 22:30:14 UTC 2006

Hm. I've had some private email exchanges with the user, and I've finally
managed to calm him down, a bit. By preliminary looks through page
histories, it looks like he *was* being pretty disruptive and edit warring,
with a persistent failure to use talk pages -- but then, he wasn't the only
one doing so. The full protection of the page seems more or less
appropriate, as a means of forcing discussion.

RuinedChozo absolutely must back off or cool down on his personal attacks
and accusations -- if some of those complaints about lying and cabalism are
legitimate, let such be revealed through an RfC or brought before Arbcom for
consideration. On that count, I don't think I'm going to bend.

I am disappointed, however, that the admins involved didn't put more effort
into discussing things with this user. It's true that he's got a long block
log, but I notice that most of the blocks come from the same "group," -- in
situations where I have trouble getting through to someone, I'd say it's
better to try and find a neutral third party to talk things over, with the
person.

There really should have been more discussion from all sides. In heated
disputes, repeating the same superficial arguments ad nauseam usually
doesn't work -- why not explain in detail why you feel a particular edit was
or wasn't sourced, unsourced, original research, neutral in tone, or such?
Why wasn't more effort put into this, especially by experienced admins?

I'm still looking, but as of this moment, it's not yet clear to me where the
alleged block evasion took place. Anybody see something I'm missing?

-Luna