[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:11:33 UTC 2006

> I'm completely ignorant to the case other than what I've read on the
> page, but it would seem to me that some of the support emails here are
> operating in an even greater information vacuum.

Indeed. The case seems to revolve around two admins misusing (or
threatening to misuse) their tools in edit wars on a number of
occasions. The likely outcome of the case will be that both will be
desysopped. Unless I'm missing something, these remedies like
appropriate and fairly obvious responses.

> After reviewing the material there, I really do believe we're doing
> MONGO a favor although it might be too late in any case...  There have
> been many "Sole defenders of the  Wiki" who completely burned out when
> they realized that the community, in fact, would not let them get away
> with anything, such as RickK.

I tend to agree.

--
Stephen Bain