[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:34:20 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Concerned Wikipedian <concernedwikipedian at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Last time I checked, MONGO wasn't the only administrator who could, on
> occasion, skirt the guidelines of civility. I could name 15 or so who do it
> worse than he does, and yet it is him who takes the fall.
[snip]

There are many factual errors in Wikipedia...
There are many copyright violations at any moment.

The existence of many examples of a wrong is not cause to refuse to
correct any of them.

Your own complaint admits that MONGO has been suffering with some
serious trouble.

We need to stop regarding adminship as a pure reward and its removal
as some terrible punishment. We should thank MONGO for his efforts,
and look forward to the day when he can again be claimed as an example
for the community.

Deadminship is a break which many should welcome. We should offer it
more freely.