[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:05:17 UTC 2006

> Is desysopping the answer? Is it appropriate to desysop, generally
> reserved for abuses of /admin/ functions,  for incivility, which is an
> /editor/ action, and usually is addressed with either a caution or
> probation?

Incivility is often used as a reason to oppose an RfA, so it is a
perfectly good reason for desysoping. Admins should be held to the
same standards as admin candidates (maybe with a few allowances to
account for the fact that it's almost impossible to be a good admin
without occasionally annoying a few people, but that just increases
the amount of incivility we would allow, it doesn't make all
incivility acceptable).