[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue Dec 12 11:43:15 UTC 2006

Concerned Wikipedian wrote:

> MONGO has had to put up with every kind of harassment you could think of; by
> definition of [[WP:HA]], a number of users that have forced him into his
> mental decline should have been blocked and/or banned ages ago.

As someone who came extremely close to throwing in the towel because of
Mongo's continued abuses and incivility, at some point something has to
give.  He went through some serious shit with the ED stuff, and ArbCom
gave him a pass for going overboard.  When he continues to do it, he
should keep getting the free pass?

I certainly hope not.

I can only think of maybe two administrators at this point who have a
poorer record in similar regards to Mongo, and two others that were
worse resigned not too long ago.  This needed to happen a while ago, and
I was surprised when I saw the proposed decisions this week, because
I've been building my own separate case for when I had some significant
time to work on it.

> The question you must ask yourself, in the spirit of IAR: If this decision
> will be detrimental to improving or maintaining Wikipedia more than the
> opposite decision will be, ignore it. You made this official policy on
> August 19, 2006 stating "IAR is policy, always has been". I feel that this
> is as good a time as any to apply its' principle.

Don't believe the hype.  Mongo does great things for NPOV and for
defending some terrible POV pushers at the 9/11 articles.  But that
doesn't excuse him.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.