[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 12 08:05:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:21:16 -0500, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
wrote:

It's not me, Jimmy, but I will put my name to it.  MONGO should go on
a Wikibreak but should absolutely not be hounded out of the project
(which is in effect what has happened).  He has dealt tirelessly with
the 9/11 "truthers", whose tactics begin in the sewer and get steadily
worse over time.

This is, without question, a victory for the trolls.

Of course MONGO should have held back, and we, his friends and fellow
admins, should have helped him to do that, but I suspect that the
decision is not going to be a popular one.  A one month block to cool
off?  I could get behind that.  Desysopping?  I don't think I can
agree with that. Maybe time will lend perspective, but right now it
looks like kicking a man while he's down.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG