[WikiEN-l] Wikitruth

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:57:14 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

> G'day Pete,
>
> > Kirill Lokshin wrote: "...to an openly anti-Wikipedia site"
> >
> >> From
> >> http://www.wikitruth.info/index.php?title=Wikitruth:Editing_guidelines
> >
> > "some amazing people are working behind the scenes and in the front
> > lines over there [i.e. at Wikipedia], putting in the hours to make a
> > difference and make Wikipedia better. [...] We wouldn't have this
> > site if we didn't respect and love the concept of a Wikipedia. It's
> > the implementation we have issues with."
> >
> > I believe them when they say they are pro-Wikipedia. I've been
> > astonished by how many Wikipedians are unwilling to be open to
> > criticism (one of the essential elements of a cult by the way :) !) I
> > don't agree with their vehemence of the opposition to WP:OFFICE. But
> > anyone who's been following this debate about Erik and Danny will
> > realise its implementation has been completely ham-fisted at times.
> > So disagree with Wikitruth, and prove it wrong, but don't lie about
> > it.
>
> I agree with you: this is just Wikipolitics by other means, as opposed
> to the straight anti-Wikipedia bizzo peddled by Britannica (through
> fear) or Brandt (through sheer kookiness).

Looking through some of the material they're gatherin on various
Wikipedians (FCYTravis and Kelly Martin come to mind), they're
definitely starting to resemble Brandt.

Their stated motivations are quite irrelevant; "legitimate criticism"
need not involve what amounts to borderline defamation (and vicious
stalking) at best.

Kirill Lokshin