[WikiEN-l] Georgia/Victoria

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Mon Apr 17 11:07:31 UTC 2006

On 17 Apr 2006, at 11:54, Steve Bennett wrote:

> Alternatively put, is Wikipedia bound by the principle of least
> surprise?

Actually I am probably in favour of the principle of most surprise. Let
people find out about stuff they dont know about. If we put Georgia the
country at Georgia, people might get interested in a country with a
cuisine based around pomegranates and walnuts. They can speculate as
to why Jethro Tull named themselves after an agriculturalist, and
learn about the lesser known [[Claude Lévi-Strauss]].

Justinc