[WikiEN-l] Omnipotence paradox

Russell Blackford russellblackford at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 12 03:00:20 UTC 2006

Nice example of an article that has gone backwards, but the main thing it needed IMHO was the deletion of one large chunk of speculation in the popular culture section. I've made that deletion and copied the material, with an accompanying note,  on the talk page. I'll leave it to others to decide whether the image in that same section should be deleted. The rest of the pop culture stuff seems legit at first glance, even if it's understandably tiresome to some when serious articles drift in that direction.

The material that has gone missing from the earlier "good" version was a lot of stuff about Wittgenstein under the heading "Semantics". I think that whoever deleted it had a point. Perhaps it should be put back, but it really does seem of marginal relevance, so I have not done so at this stage. I'd have been more impressed by it if someone had found a passage where Wittgenstein specifically discusses the paradox.

It seems to me that this example does show how articles can deteriorate, at least in the short term, but there are also methods of addressing it when it happens.

Russell Blackford

www.russellblackford.com