[WikiEN-l] Two proposals against wheel warring

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Wed Apr 12 12:23:47 UTC 2006

I thought I'd let folks here on the mailing list know something I just
found out about -- there's not one but _two_ active policy proposals to
curtail wheel warring:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Proposed_wheel_warring_policy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Admin_zero-revert_rule

I'm not sure how we ended up with two redundant proposal pages, but
somehow we did.  The first page, which I hadn't heard of until today,
includes polls for five alternatives, the last two of which seem to have
some support.  The other page features one, more detailed and somewhat
stricter, proposal, which hasn't been put to a poll but has been
extensively discussed and seems to also enjoy some degree of consensus.

Anyway, I agree that it's probably time to turn these proposals into
actual policy.  There are folks here on this list who have much more
experience with doing this than I have, so I won't try to teach grandma
to suck eggs.  What I've done so far is point people to the talk page of
the former proposal page, suggestion that the issue be hashed out there,
using the consensus versions of both proposals as basis for the policy.

Anyway, your input and policymaking skills are appreciated.  Let's get
this thing done.

--
Ilmari Karonen