[WikiEN-l] request to Jimbo for out-of-process deletion of image

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 00:51:04 UTC 2006

G'day Tony,

> On 4/3/06, Garion1000 <garion1000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>With this article using the other less offensive image
>>[[Image:Kotori-Kan Vol 2.jpg]] would already be an improvement.
>
> That is still a non-free image.  We do have at least two free images
> that could be used to illustrate that article:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lolicon_comicbooks_sold_in_Japan_001.jpg
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lolicon_comicbooks_sold_in_Japan_002.jpg

I don't get it.  What justification did the, ahem, good-faith editors
use to argue that we needed fair-use close-ups of kiddie porn instead of
the photograph (also, admittedly, of kiddie porn ... but more
appropriate and tasteful, if that word can be applied here).

My second question is: how on Earth did this shit ever get to be *legal*
in Japan?  Some people are *really* sick.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"