[WikiEN-l] Anthere's Algeria images

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Mon Nov 28 23:44:59 UTC 2005

I deleted the one of these in question.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

I appreciate that there is potentially a problem in communicating
changes of
policy (in this case with respect to out treatment of non free
content; unlike
some I dont think the position with respect to free content will
chnage, not
without a fork). I am not sure what is the best way of communicating
policy
(and procedure) changes; although there are many things that go on
without
notifying potentially interested parties (eg AfD) it is hard to work
out a
notification method that isnt spam. However as history is preserved
it is not
normally an issue, nothing is lost. Just some bitrot normally.

In this case however Anthere has lost some (non free) photos that I
cannot find
on the mirrors; I only have an old image dump of commons not of en
[BTW is
there a set of old archive image dumps that are not public?]. She
does not
have any other copy of the deleted images (redlink jpegs on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anthere/PictAlgerie). If anyone has an
image dump from the last few years they should be there, and it would
be much
appreciated if they could be emailed to Anthere (or if there is a
more out
of date mirror that I havent found).

Justinc