[WikiEN-l] License problems in en.wikipedia.org?

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Nov 25 14:19:02 UTC 2005

Hello

I just found the following image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:RFJesus.jpg

which seems to be under a different sort of license, if I am not
mistaken.

I would like to include that image, in the corresponding German
wikipedia article, however so far people hesitated since they believe
that this license as expressed in the above url, would/could violate
the GDL. I find it odd that different wikipedias have different
standards concerning the license politics.

What can be done? May the simplest solution would be to contact the
artist (if he/she can be find) and ask for explicit permission.

Any comments, suggestions?

Uwe Brauer